Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Anahi & Arthur :: Ft Benning Engagement Session

This adorable and hilarious couple gets married this week y'all! I am really excited. It's a Thursday wedding, which is super unique, and Anahi shared with me that three generations of her family has gotten married on that date. Helloooooo heart-strings! Something else unique about these two? They brought me to their first date spot for part of our session. I freaking melt when couples share such special things with me!
Arthur and Anahi met at a mutual friend's dinner, where they hit it off so completely that they decided to ditch the dinner and go for a walk so they could get to know each other better. The were on Fort Benning for dinner, and with not many places to wander to, they settled on this wicked cute mini-playground. The two hung out on the playground and talked almost all night. They both said "we just knew" that night that they were in love. 
A few favs...
  • How beautifully they both photograph. Some people are just born with good photogenic genes. For the rest of us, it's definitely very helpful to have your photographer college educated in all things photography (hem hem, shameless plug at my own college degree in photography). These two were of the first category. It seems that no matter what angle they were in, what kind of face they were making, both of them were stunning. It made me super envious; I have ONE good side and if my chin isn't pointed 521 degrees Southeast, with a gentle breeze and a cloudy sky, I look like a gremlin. 
  • The outfits!! CAN I GET AN AMEN?! I strongly believe that if you are paying me (or anyone) to take your photographs (that I assume will hang in your home for all of eternity) you should look 100%. Hair, nails, heels (which always impresses me because I am so clumsy), guys in buttons downs - or at least something with a collar, the whole nine-yards. Again, Anahi and Arthur knocked it out of the park with their coordinating casual outfits that totally played into their sense of humor, and their *glam* outfits that brought out their mutually gorgeous skin tones and brought the session to a whole new level of fabulous.
  • THE DOGS. OMG SO NOT SHOCKING AM I RIGHT?! Everybody on this earth knows how much I adore pets. The more the better. If I choose to die it would be under a pile of Golden Retrievers as I get licked into death. Arthur and Anahi brought all THREE of their dogs. Yea, so obviously there was a lot of swooning and ear scratches. 
  • HOW SILLY THEY ARE! I adore couples who are totally themselves in front of me. It makes me so happy that Anahi and Arthur felt comfortable enough in front of me to be totally themselves, silliness and all! See what I mean?!
I am overjoyed that these two sweethearts are getting married THIS THURSDAY! And even more so, wicked excited to be apart of their wedding. I totally get that I say this a LOT, but I feel so privileged when people choose to invest their money in my wedding photography! Thank you so much Arthur and Anahi for choosing me, you're big day is just around the corner and I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment