Thursday, July 20, 2017

THIRTY DAYS

Okay so I've been procrastinating a little bit. And by procrastinating I mean, I've been really busy with all things NOT related to photography. Which is the worst. I am cranky when I don't get to do photography goodness. As a lucky/unlucky turn of events I have had an abundance of free time this past week to get completely caught up on my life (mainly my housecleaning duties). As I reviewed my upcoming August calendar I realized how quickly a few of my weddings were coming up. One particular wedding is in THIRTY DAYS!

Allison and I have known each other from high school. We cheered together, had classes together and went to lots of "social" events together. There are a few (hem hem, embarrassing?) photos of us floating around the internet. As long as I can remember, Nick and Allison have been a couple. Even when they were "broken up," all of our friends knew that they were not really broken up. 

When I left Keene for college I lost touch with ninety-five percent of my high school friends. Seriously, I have five friends that I still keep in touch with from school. Most people I don't even bother to keep up with on Facebook. Now Allison, I stalk(ed) pretty religiously because she had Jackson - who might be the cutest little boy on this earth; followed by Lucy - who is definitely the most precious little girl on my Facebook feed. 
See what I'm saying?! These kids are so freaking smoosh-able, I just had to keep in touch with her, if only to remind her of how sweet her little babies are. As it turns out Al has also been keep an eye on me and the photography work that I do. And even better?! When Nick (cough, finally, cough cough) proposed to Allison she got in touch with me about photographing their wedding. I am truly SO honored that they chose me to photograph their wedding, it means the world to me. 

I get so much joy from being a part of weddings, and when I personally know the couple, I often find that I have to get my tissues out on more than one occasion. Maybe it's because I watched their love grow over the years, maybe I'm just a full blown SUCKA for romance. Either way, I'm absolutely smitten to be photographing the next chapter in this extraordinary love story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment