Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Three Oaks Barn :: Cait & John (all dressed up)

Rewind to October and insert Cait to my life. I was at BDRC minding my own business when this adorable baby starts giving me the eyeball. So I went over to check him out and I meet Jack, John and my soon to be bestie Cait. We chat for an hour in the store and finally I said, we should be friends and passed along my phone number and a perfect friendship was born. 

Fast forward past coffee dates, gym dates, a hilarious Thanksgiving, and we arrive at this magical day right before Christmas. Cait was in a beautiful wedding dress, courtesy of my favorite girl at Uptown Gowns, Hannah, and John put on his super fresh uniform *SWOON* and we made some insanely gorgeous photography.
As the majority of my army wife friends can testify, army life is CRAZY, and trying to fit a wedding in around deployments, between schools, and making sure husband and wife (let alone your closest family and friends) can be in the same town on the same weekend, is sometimes impossible. I know dozens of spouses who did not get a special day, let alone have professional photos of both of them. I'm in the business of making sure people have beautiful photos to hang in their house, and when I get to do it for a couple who deserves nothing but the best, I will jump on it to make it happen. I personally don't know a more deserving couple than Cait and John. I mean, Cait is this beautiful, kind, amazing person who gave up everything she was familiar with to move to Georgia with John and be a mama, and John is a freaking RANGER. 

I am beyond thankful to every person who helped me make this afternoon a reality for this awesome couple. By a sweet happy mistake, we had TWO gorgeous bouquets for Cait to model with, and I have to say both were absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, if you're in need of flowers go see Kim at Bloomwoods Flowers in Columbus, or Debbie White at Flower Cart in Phenix City. These ladies seriously pulled out all the stops. The delicate red and green bouquet is from Kim and the elegant white and green is from Debbie.
Then of course, my girl Shayna at The Barn at Three Oaks was kind enough to allow us to use her beautiful venue - and like I tell every person I know who is getting married, go get married there. 
And of course, Hannah from Uptown Gowns not only delivered on a truly stunning gown and veil, but she also stepped in for Cait's hair and make up - did I mention how much I love her?
I also want to take a second to thank my awesome assistant / second shooter / bouquet carrier / hair fixer / jack of all trades, Kara Poindexter. And last but not least, my awesome hubs, for babysitting Jack so Cait and John could spend the afternoon getting dressed up and kissing for me and my camera.

Now let's look at how amazingly magnificent and exquisite these images came out.

OMG did I forget to mention the first look!? John did not see Cait in the dress or even the dress itself before she was completely ready. And I made him wait with his back to her so she could walk right up to him and then he turned around and saw her and it was such a completely enchanting moment. I'm not crying, you're crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment