Monday, January 9, 2017

The Barn at Three Oaks :: Courtney & Ryne

Courtney and Ryne. Oh my goodness. How many wonderful things can I say about them? Umm, I could go on for several days. I knew I was going to like Courtney from our email conversations, and then she got out of the car for our session and said, "So we are super awkward, but we'll try to be good." I burst out laughing and replied with "Ummm, have you met me? I'm the queen of awkward." Future besties? I think so. These two filled my camera with sweet moments, gorgeous and happy laughter and Ryne even told us a few jokes.

Courtney and Ryne have been together since high school *SWOON* we all know how I feel about high school loves. You can totally tell that they are 100% in love with each other and completely comfortable being themselves, which obviously makes my job not only crazy easy, but wicked enjoyable. With the laughter and the joking and the slight jabs at each other only to make me laugh - I would say that the afternoon was well spent.
The sky was absolutely perfect, a beautiful clear blue with bright sunshine that made my heart happy, with a little 'fresh' breeze that made Courtney look like a supermodel on camera - in reality we were all freezing our fingers off. Or was that just me? My wonderful friend Shayna Greene is the manager at The Barn at Three Oaks (which is absolutely stunning, incase you're in the market for a wedding venue) and she invited us to come and use the barn and it's 140 acres for Courtney and Ryne's engagement session. And I have to say - it completely blew me away.
Maybe I heard barn and thought of my grandparents barn that used to have a horse in it and smells like garden tools and a tractor. Regardless, I wasn't expecting what I saw. Anyway, back to business. Let's continue looking at these breathtaking images that fill my soul with happiness and make me want to hug people. 
Some of my favorite things about Courtney and Ryne's session:
  • Courtney's laugh. It is easily one of the best photographable laughs of all time. Also - she doesn't have a bad angle when she laughs (or at all). Which is amazing to the photographer in me, but annoying to the jealous girl in me. I'm still obsessed with you though Courtney.  
  • Ryne's quiet humor. He might not have been as forward as Courtney, but he was whispering little things to her and all of a sudden a laugh would come out of her and I knew Ryne was telling jokes.
  • The weather. It might have been cold, but when the sky is that blue and the sun is so bright, you just ignore the suffer and enjoy the moments that are being captured on camera because they are so perfect and lovely.
  • The way they looked at each other. It was like two little love eyed emojis watching each other all day. It was so sweet and it gave me all the feels. 










No comments:

Post a Comment