Thursday, November 17, 2016

Callaway Gardens Engagement Session :: Morgan & Josh


You guys. I had this amazing session at Callaway Garden a few weeks ago, and I've been slowly editing along - life has been CRAZY the last couple of weeks. I had this huge surge of sessions and I started a new part time job and then Hubs and I had to take a quick trip to Arkansas for a family emergency... So I've been dying to share these, but unfortunately these little suckers don't edit themselves.

Morgan entered my free engagement give away at my booth at Your Wedding Expo in August and was one of my three lucky winners! I was only going to give one away but I was so amazed by how many people put their info in that I decided to go ahead and give away more than one. Insert Morgan and Josh! Morgan knew right away that she wanted to go to Callaway Gardens and I was super excited because I've been wishing somebody would book a session up there. For my New England people - think Arnold Arboretum in Boston.

I am absolutely in love with these photos - there was all this fun greenery (some of it was kinda dying, but still so awesome) that created beautifully textured backgrounds and gorgeous muted tones.


See what I mean?! My other favorite thing about this location (and couple) was how stunning the black and whites came out. We all know I'm a huge sucker for the emotion a good black and white image can portray and some of these are UNREAL. Like seriously, beyond gorgeous. Please don't mind my basic white girl reaction.... I literally can not even with these. 


Favorite things about the session: 
  • Morgan's brown eyes. They are perfectly symmetrical and round; and they are so dark they practically suck you in. I asked Josh how he ever says no to her. He said, "it's impossible." *SWOON*
  • Josh's modeling. I asked twice if he had modeled before. He was posing so naturally - and before I could even ask him to do something he was already doing it. Way to make my job so easy guy.
  • The fact that they are high school sweet-hearts. I think only puppies make me happier than two people who have grown up together and continued to love and invest in each other. There's this amazingly endearing innocence to the way they interact with each other and it actually makes my heart melt.
  • The sunlight! I must have the best luck when it comes to golden hour. (Either that or I just got really lucky with my mentor who taught me how to use it - shout out to Lexi Photography!) It was warm and glowy and gently peeping through at just the right times. 

Thank you for giving me a chance Morgan (and Josh!) - I know meeting a stranger with a camera can be scary, but you guys were so amazing, and I'm super grateful to have met you both and to have had this truly beautiful session with you. I hope you like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment