Saturday, October 8, 2016

Dublin NH :: Ali & Dan!

Last week (like the avid traveler that I am) I was in New Hampshire spending some quality time with the family, photographing weddings with my college bestie and trying not to suffer too much in the cold. What can I say? I've acclimated to Georgia weather. While at home I wanted to play with my new camera (yup! I officially have two hardworking camera bodies now, yay!) and it just so happened that Ali and Dan needed some professional photos done for their new apartment. Ali's been modeling for me since she was in high school, so she's pretty used to it - and AWESOME at it... Dan needed a little bit of warming up, and then I heard him say, "as it turns out modeling is really fun." Ummm DUH, especially fun when your photographer is telling jokes, laughing and generally just a clown - that's me.

My favorite things about this session ::

  • Dan's shoes. I wish I got a close up of just his shoes, they were probably the best guy shoes I've ever seen. Not to mention he cuffed his jeans, and incase you didn't know - I'm a HUGE fan of cuffing jeans. 
  • Ali's laugh. Maybe because I grew up listening to her laugh, maybe because Dan fills her heart with laughter, maybe she just has an awesome laugh. 
  • The sunlight. The sky was completely clear and the sunlight danced into the images in the most warm and fantastic way. Another thing I'm a huge fan of : natural light and lens flares - which I got a TON of! 
  • The flannel blanket we brought because the wind was actually so cold. Dan and Ali snuggled together under the blanket and it was basically the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I am so thankful that they took the time to be in front of my camera, I know how tired they both were - by the way: they both ran a sub two hour half marathon that morning (that's fast). I am beyond thrilled with how the images came out and I am so excited to share them today! It was really great to see Dan and Ali together and how much they totally adore each other filled my heart up with joy. Seeing how happy Dan makes Ali (and vice versa) made me feel so happy for my little (and for Tan Dan!). 




No comments:

Post a Comment