Friday, August 19, 2016

My First Bridal Expo!

As most of you know, I've been working to get my photography business up and running since we moved back from Italy. It's a bit of a challenge because the best way to get new clients is through referrals from old clients. So I started to do a little research on other ways to get my name into the wedding community and in the process I found this super awesome bridal expo in Columbus. I got all the information and chatted about it with T and Momager and we all decided it would be a lot of work upfront, but in the long run it would pay off. (And it totally did because I booked a wedding for next April with an ADORABLE miss who is going to make a gorgeous bride!)

I crafted and sequenced and researched and rebranded for two weeks and it completely took over my house and my life (seriously- I even neglected my bike for two weeks). But I'm super happy with the outcome and I'm even more excited to do another show in January - that is bigger! And I have probably 150 ideas for the next one, so it should be super awesome. I'm currently working on getting my website back up - which is fun and exciting and a h-u-g-e pain in my behind. But I wanted to share a few shots from the wonderful day!

I would like to give a very loud shoutout to my best friend Casey, who helped me with sequencing and rebranding via many late night texts and phone calls, Momager (who hates being called Momager - but she channels Kris Jenner like no other and it is fierce and awesome) for encouraging and supporting, Hubs for help (and patience) as I wandered aimlessly through Hobby Lobby, and most importantly - my grandparents, who made the trip from NH to help me bake hundreds of cookies to hand out, they helped me set up and take down my booth, and sat with me all day so I wouldn't be alone. I literally wouldn't have been able to do it without all the love and support in my life, and I'm very thankful to have all of you - even my long list of unnamed people who got the "do you like this leafy flower or this leafy flower better" texts and Kara for the iced coffees and shopping dates. Y'ALL rock my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment