Friday, August 12, 2016

A Gorgeous Georgia Bridal Shoot

I have been relentlessly trying to get my photography business jump-started down here in Georgia.. So I went to all the local bridal shops and handed out my cards and chatted with the shop owners. I knew I needed new work, and thought if I could set up a bridal shoot I might get a few shots that could be good for my portfolio. One of the shops I went to was Uptown Gowns and I fell in love with their shop, the dresses and the girls that run the shop are the nicest. They donated a dress to me almost immediately and the owner, Candy, from Southern Glam Salon & Boutique put me in touch with one of her hair and make up artists, Kaila (who also happened to find me my model). Can I just say that I love the people down here? Everybody was so willing to do whatever to make this shoot happen and it totally payed off.

My model, Shayna, myself, and Hannah, from Uptown Gowns went to this beautiful retired horse farm (that asked to remain unnamed) and of course it started to storm. On the inside I was freaking out, and wondering if I should just call it, because I desperately did not want to ruin this dress and therein my relationship with Hannah and the Uptown Gown girls. But I decided that 100 photos were better than zero photos so we went on with it. I am absolutely thrilled that we waited out the storm, because the clouds were amazing and the light was so even and perfect. I have drooled and obsessed over these photos for weeks and I figured it was time to finally share them.

Thank you to all the people who helped me put this together, I am so touched that y'all would go above and beyond to help me make my vision a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment