Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Rosemont House :: Hannah & Will

One of the many, many perks of being friends with the amazing Shayna Chapman from Three Oaks Barn is that she is constantly praising my work and sending people in my direction. Insert Hannah and Will. The most adventurous and spontaneous couple I have had the pleasure of photographing to date. (Not to mention so in love it makes your cheeks hurt from smiling.).Sometimes you just click with clients, and after chatting with her on the phone a few times, I felt like I had known Hannah my whole life. So naturally, I was very excited to photograph this sweet duo.
We decided to meet at Three Oaks Barn, but then head over to photograph the majority of the session at The Rosemont House; a fully renovated old farm house and piece of the Three Oaks property, for events like rehearsal dinners, bachelorette/bachelor parties, or just a weekend away. Shayna has worked on tirelessly for months (there will be photos and a website to come) and the results were truly amazing to me, as I saw the venue when it was a windowless, door-less shell. 

I was thrilled to be photographing over there, as the space is totally different that the barn, and I felt like Hannah and Will were just the perfect couple to take over there. Hannah and Will are country and classic and the house and the property complimented them both so well. And there were cows. So, obviously we had to take photos in front of them.. And that is the moment I knew Hannah was meant to be my client, because she said she wanted to have a cow as a pet. If you don't know me, here's a secret: I am OBSESSED with cows. 
Some of my favorite things about our session

  • Their friendship. I think it's super adorable when couples are all lovey, but, what I love even more is when my couples are best friends. Hannah and Will were so uninhibited, I felt like I was a third wheel on their 10 year wedding anniversary. They just get each other and that is when you know love is going to last. 
  • Hannah's hair. It is the most perfect shade of blonde (probs to Hannah's hair dresser) and the curls were long and flowing and beautiful. I probably told her 500 times how stinkin' gorgeous her hair was. Even as I was editing the photos I kept thinking "dang, her hair is freaking spectacular" and I seriously. Look at it. It's #flawless. I have serious hair envy.
  • Will's ideas. Maybe I'm just blessed with my guys, but every guy I've photographed has been so great! Will was full of all these ideas - and when I didn't get it right he was kind enough to tell me very specifically what his vision was. I'm kind of a control freak, but I really love making my clients visions into a reality and sometimes you get really lucky and the sun is perfect and the clients have a brilliant idea, and you get this....

See what I mean?! How gorgeous and unique is this photo?! I'm half tempted to frame it and hang it in my own house.

No comments:

Post a Comment